RSS Feed

16 November 2007

The androids aren't the phones we're looking for

I downloaded the Android SDK today, and found out that it had an emulator in it. So, being curious, I fired it up. It gave me an emulator of the whole phone, plus any programs that I had written for it. So, to compare, I started up an iPhone web-only interface emulator (iPhoney). The android emulator allows dragging things around on the screen with your mouse, and although I tried to just use the buttons I slipped up several times. I took a screenshot of both of them together. Overall, the browser felt clunky, as it kept trying to select links and text fields, and had jerky scrolling compared to the iPhone (real and emulated).



Fascinating. I will work on writing my first application. More as this develops. (Click to see a bigger image)

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: