RSS Feed

16 November 2007

Our Shadows Taller than our Soul...

Here's the thing about generally all Java applications under Mac OS X: they don't look like things a mac would actually run. I know Apple bundles a theme, but it just doesn't seem good enough. I am writing this because I downloaded eclipse for Mac OS X today, and I see it's Java.

It's really not the Java application's fault, it's just that if you just get a different theme over the app than normal Java you will end up with something that doesn't look very good. I do not like the toolbars in Java, as I think they are too Windows-like. I also have an issue with the buttons, as they are normal size buttons with an abnormal font, and the round buttons (being the default) are overused in Java apps, and that tends to take away the aesthetic feel and the childlike sense of wonder that the application gives you.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: