RSS Feed

18 November 2007

More Thoughts on the iPhone SDK

So, I've been thinking about how all iPhone apps are going to be Cocoa (to take advantage of Core Animation), and I though about how the interfaces for those apps are going to be built. I think that the current toolchain requires them to be created programmatically, but thinking about all of those Cocoa developers that are going to have a hard time leaving Interface Builder and going back to something more clunky, I would have to say that there may be either a special version of Interface Builder for the iPhone; an iPhone interface builder template; or a different kind of nib file for iPhone apps (like .mib). I think Apple will want to try to win over Android developers, who use .xml files for their layouts (true, NIBs are just a fancy wrapper for XML files, but Interface Builder makes it so much easier). Come on, Apple. I think Apple may be using all available time until February to get this done, and it may release near the end of February.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: