RSS Feed

17 November 2007

Come February, the iPhone SDK

I've been thinking about the iPhone SDK, and I wondered, where is Apple going to put all of the downloaded apps? Logically, Apple would not put them on the home screen, because that would probably take up too much room and make it too complicated. So what I think Apple will do something similar to this (click for a larger version):

In my mocked up home screen I added an applications icon. I think that apple will create a separate screen for custom applications, so not to confuse with the "essential" apps, such as the phone, SMS texting, or the settings. I do not necessarily want to be able to always play tetris, however I do always want to be able to make a phone call on my phone. This is the logical solution to that problem.

Technorati Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Apple will use the solution currently used by jailbroken iPhones.

It is a very elegant, intuitive solution. A second page is created for additional apps. You slide back and forth between your main page and secondary page.

Two little dots are all that is needed to let the user know the status.

See pic here:

http://sfremote.com/2pages.png

RC Howe said...

Yeah, that does seem like the best idea. I still think that they will separate the third-party apps from the apple apps though; to make it less confusing.